Monday, November 30, 2009

Times Flies...

Man, I just cannot get over how the semester is flying by. I bet you have said at least ten times this semester. Yeah, it’s crazy, how as we get older we take more notice towards time. As a kid, the only times you really cared about was the number of minutes your mom gave you when you’re playing outside, your bed time, or dinner time? In high school, I realized the importance of a minute. Being in rehearsals, my director was not about wasting time whatsoever. The last class of the day, you’re eyeing that minute hand ticking away towards the last minute. Most of have probably come to the realization that time is precious and it’s so important that we always put it to good use. How many times a day do you hear this, “Boy, look at the time!” or “Wow, the time has flown by!” and so on and so on. We say all these things and then look at us…we’re so “responsible” with our time and making sure we “dedicate” to the appropriate things, but at the same time how much of our lives do we spend sitting at a computer. You know, facebook, email, and general web surfing, we all do it and I am guilty as well. We watch pointless reality TV shows and read magazines about other people’s life because we don’t have one of our own… I am not saying that I don’t fall under any of these activities, I just decided to explore this subject and I realize that for me, I should spend my free time doing better things. Now, I know that our culture today is practically based around the computer and internet. Lord knows, we all couldn’t get through the day without it. Other than our cell phone, it’s our main way to communicate. Plus, we definitely would not succeed in our classes. I mean, how would I be able to blog every week? J Wait; maybe we should get rid of computers… I’m just kidding Wendy! (The blogging is not that bad!) You know it’s funny, I feel like every time I blog, I always end up challenging myself to do something different from my norm. So this time, I’m hoping to practice managing my free time wisely. Now, I would consider myself a busy person. I’m a full time student, who is involved in various organizations and sorority, and I work. However, I’m not always up to my elbows in the U of M. I have my own personal life and needs. I just think that I should devote my time to more uplifting and productive things.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. You're so right, though, about how much time can get eaten away at the computer (especially if you're like me and keep Facebook open too much). I used to always want to be older than my age and now, as everyone said would happen, I feel like I'm digging my heels in and begging for the clock to slow down. I'll be 39 on Tuesday and it just seems so insane. Yesterday I was twenty.

    ReplyDelete