Monday, November 9, 2009

It’s not even Thanksgiving and I’m listening to Christmas music as I write this blog…

Every year, it just seems like my love for Christmas grows bigger and bigger. I know that sounds really childish, but I think that Christmas brings out the inner child in all of us. Yes, that is a good thing. I mean think about it, it’s basically the only time out of the year you can get away for being super cheesy, watching sappy movies, eat as much as you want, and still think about Santa coming to visit you. Plus, Christmas just makes you feel good inside. At least it does for me. I like to enjoy the simple things about Christmas. Attending Christmas parades, cheery parties, going nuts over decorating, caroling, watching some of my favorite Christmas movies…honestly, the list can go on and on. I love the fact that usually during Christmas, my family and I get away to our cabin in Gatlinburg! It really excites me because Christmas in the mountains and in the little city of Gatlinburg really sets the perfect Christmas setting for me. But most importantly, I can admit that it’s hard to get carried away with all of these wonderful things that make up Christmas and forget the true meaning of it. That reason being the celebration of Christ’s birth. I’ve always been raised in a family that attended church regularly; they taught me to put God first. So, it’s always second nature to automatically realize the true meaning of this special holiday. But, it’s more than just saying, “Jesus is the reason for the season!” Thaaannks! It’s really contemplating the maker of the universe giving his only son to a sinful world. If you believe in this, really think about it. That’s out of this world. Now, I am no preacher or bible beater by any means. I like to write about these subjects because they help me focus on them more. I think I am going to make a promise to God this Christmas to really try to not get carried away with the worldly Christmas traditions, but remember the original one that begin over two thousand years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment