Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Up til Dawn

This year, I am honored to serve as a Moral Captain for our university's campus wide philanthropy Up 'til Dawn. Up 'til Dawn has one main purpose and tha is to raise the most money possible for the kids of St. Jude! It is so exciting because Up 'til Dawn reaches out to students and encourages them to contribute fundraising. This year, my eyes have really opened to the true meaning of Up 'til Dawn. Not only do we raise support kids financially, but we truly care for them. At the organization's kick off, I wittnessed the beauty of God's love for children. A five year old little girl named Ellen, a St. Jude patient, sang her beautiful heart out for a group of college students. Out of all the songs in the universe, she chose to sing "What a Wonderful World". After hearing her sing that, how could it not be? Here is a precious five year old who is sick, but is still on top of the world and singing about it too! Whenever I think I might have it hard, I just remind myself of little Ellen who has never experienced a normal life for a kid. If she can sing "What a Wonderful World" sick with cancer, then I can get through a "bad" day. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's really neat. As the mom of a kiddo with special needs, who's come close to death many times, I see what amazing resilience and joy that people can have, even in suffering - a good lesson for us all!

    ReplyDelete