Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall!

The fall semester is always my favorite. You come back to school and it’s just like new! Seeing familiar faces again, recognizing change, and being introduced to new ideas! As a sophomore, I’ve come to enjoy the fall semester. Some of my favorite university traditions take place at this time. Football homecoming is one of them! Some of my favorite memories have taken place during it. Alpha Gamma Delta pairing up with a different fraternity and getting to know them more by creating the float, rehearsing for step show, or cheering on a the kick off or game! I also enjoy the cool change of weather. Although I am huge fan of warm weather, I always love to pull out my long sleeves and hoodie and head to class in the chilly morning. Or even heading to a corn maze or pumpkin patch! No matter how old I get, (and I’m 19) I still get a thrill out of carving a pumpkin! Halloween will always be a favorite holiday of mine. I love the spooky nature of it! Renting old scary movies and watching them while sipping hot cocoa just sets the scene for a perfect October evening. The fall is even the season for one of my favorite activities, which is baking. Anything to do with apple or pumpkin, and I can’t wait to get my hands on the recipe. Even if it’s not me baking it, I’ll order Starbuck’s pumpkin loaf bread or Einstein Brother’s pumpkin bagel with cream cheese…yummm! It’s the little things like that that make up the special season of fall for me! It’s the bright warm colors, the coziness of warmer clothes, the thrill of Halloween, the crisp air all around you, and the kickoff to the holiday season!
Word Count:295

No comments:

Post a Comment